5 Affordable Ways to Renovate Your Kitchen?
Renovating your old kitchen is a great idea for not only sprucing up the place but also to get rid of any wear and tear especially on your kitchen drawers, cabinet and doors. If you simply go for a full overhaul that involves the size or layout of the kitchen, then you may have to shell out a considerable amount of money. However, if all you want to do is create a new look for your kitchen, then are a few ways to do it in a very affordable manner.
The trick is to install replacement kitchen cabinet doors, replacement kitchen cupboard doors, handles, hinges and the works. Today, there are a ton of amazing options available that can not only vastly change the way your kitchen looks but also the way it functions. From handle-less doors and shaker style kitchen doors to magnet replacement kitchen doors and more, you can choose from a wide array of affordable options to make the kitchen of your dreams. Do remember to budget them properly to ensure that every penny is put to good use and gives you the best overall value possible. You can also do it in stages where you get new kitchen cabinet doors first and then handles and accessories and so on.
Here are 5 affordable ways to renovate your kitchen:
- Type of Kitchen Doors – There are so many amazing replacement kitchen doors you can choose from today such as a handle-less one, a shaker style one, a flat or slab door and more. Each one comes with a unique set of features that make them stand apart from the rest. A handle-less kitchen door replacement like the Jayline Pronto series adds a modern and sleek visual flair to your kitchen while a shaker kitchen door like the Harvard Matt Shaker doors provides a more classic yet elegant look and feel. If, on the other hand, you want to make your kitchen look contemporary and sleek, then flat doors such as the Zurfiz ULTRA range is your best bet. They go with pretty much any modern look you want to go for while maintaining that perfect balance between simplicity and cutting edge design.
- Kitchen Units – Thanks to technology and great design functionality, you can now set up entire kitchen cabinets within no time at all and even customise them as per your preference. ClicBox is a great example of this as all you have to do is click the various pieces together and your brand new kitchen cabinet is done. Apart from the sheer convenience, they also come with a stronger connection than traditionally assembled units due to the joints interlocking all across the length rather than a few specific places. You can also choose from a wide variety of different designs such as a curved one, a hexagonal one or a traditional square one. You can also choose from multiple colour options to ensure that they will match the décor of your kitchen or set up a new one.
- Handles and Hinges – Although many people underestimate the importance of handles and hinges, it is a very smart and affordable way to create a new look for your kitchen. Something as small as a round wooden handle or a steel elongated one can make a lot more difference than you may think. You can get handles that come in a wide array of shapes, thickness and length to meet any preferences you may have. There is also another aspect to handle and hinges that you need to consider and that is functionality. Some people may be comfortable with knob pulling functionality while others might like a longer handle.
- Accessories and Storage – Storage units and accessories are also a great way to add both functionality and customize the way your kitchen looks. From rails, plinths and tangent corners to even kitchen drawers. A few examples of great accessories are the Firbeck door style, the Thornbury door style and the Wilton door style Each of them has a unique visual flair as well as a few great options for making your kitchen experience a more convenient one. Whether it is panels to add on your island or a well-designed plate rack, all of them add a little bit more to your overall décor and help to tie all the design elements together.
- Change the lighting – This one is overlooked by a lot of people as most focus only on changing the physical aspects of a kitchen such as installing replacement kitchen doors. While it is indeed a great affordable option, the lighting can accentuate your new doors and create an overall ambiance. Think about adding pendants or installing lighting under your cabinets to give that extra flair. Try to go for visually stunning light pieces for your main kitchen lighting. All you have to do is make sure that the lighting setup will also go well with the overall kitchen design you have in mind. Also do note that it will always be wiser to do this at the last stage and not before you choose your beautiful doors. First, you choose the overall design aspects of the kitchen and finally great lighting to bring everything together.
There are plenty of great options available when it comes to renovating your kitchen at minimal cost. The one that offers the most value in terms of money spent is replacement kitchen doors. Installing shaker kitchen doors or white kitchen cupboard doors can make a huge difference overall in the way your kitchen looks. All you have to do is make sure that the colour scheme is pleasant and thematically goes well with the décor. With so many colours, shapes and designs to choose from, you can easily transform your existing kitchen into a modern one that is guaranteed to drop people’s jaws. If you look out for sales, then you can get the overall cost even lower and splurge the extra money on accessories and lighting to further enhance your kitchen.